Wednesday, March 12, 2008


This is my finishing basket. This is where projects go to sleep until I get around to sewing up seams, weaving in ends, and otherwise doing the part of the project that I don't really want to do. See the empty basket. There is nothing - NOTHING - waiting to be finished. It's all done!


Okay, that doesn't mean there aren't works in progress. WIPs don't go into the finishing basket; they have other bags to live in until they are at the finishing stage. There aren't too many of those right now - just the right number really. A hat for the next hat/mitten set. A sock. A baby surprise jacket. An afghan. A shawl. Some big things, some small things, nothing really tricky, although the sock is fiddly and the BSJ is a new pattern that I have to pay attention to.


This baby blanket was the last project in the finishing basket. It's the Square Baby Blanket from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop. It needed its start and finish grafted together. I got it done today and it's already in Andrea's hands. Today is her due date, so it was definitely time to get it out of the basket. I'm not happy with the grafting, and the cats made some pulls in it when they nap tested it. But Andrea's happy, so it's a success. Next time I'll look at EZ's diagram of the weaving and maybe I'll get it right.

No comments: