Monday, November 08, 2010

Today was a good quilting day. I worked on the double wedding ring for about an hour while the cats took advantage of being allowed into otherwise forbidden territory.

Then after lunch I took out the slanted stars UFO and put the blocks up on the design wall. I did a little bit of rearranging, but didn't get too obsessive about it. I decided to tackle it by color group, so worked a bit on the lime greens, since they seem to pop out in this picture. Tomorrow I'll work on the turquoise blues, getting them more evenly spread out. Other than that, I'm just going to try not to get two blocks from the same fabric too close together, but otherwise try not to overthink it too much.

Because it was my Sabbath day, I didn't work at cleaning. The one thing I did do was put a finished top and its backing fabric back into the drawer of finished tops. I had taken it out and pressed it thinking I might give it as a gift this Christmas, but I've realized I'm not going to work on it anytime soon, so putting it away removed one bit of clutter from the back of a chair. Tomorrow I'll work at clearing the seat of the chair. One step at a time.

Then I spent several hours working on the current project, a Christmas gift in the making. I'm not going to show any pictures of anything resembling finished product, but here's a picture of the sewing table. If you can figure out what I'm making from this picture, please don't tell and spoil the surprise.

In the middle of all this Diane came by, so she got to see the studio for the first time. She remarked on the flamingos, which I guess I've gotten used to. She made me appreciate them all over again; I even got the lighted ones turned on for the first time in a long time.
There won't be much time for sewing tomorrow, as it's a pretty full work day. The Circle will be meeting here in the morning, so I have to put the DWR away, at least into the music room and tidy up the dining room. Cleaning up seems the best way to use a small bit of time, so that's what I'll focus on.

1 comment:

Shay said...

I find working on one project at a time is the best way for me to achieve something.Otherwise I seem to fluff round and get nowhere. You however have several things on the go and managed to achieve a lot !

I hope you enjoyed the day . It sounds like you did.