Still trying to get my health back. I went to the doctor last Friday and got some meds to help, but it's still been a long slow road. I'm finally able to sleep for more than a few hours at a time, so I'm hoping in another week to be mostly back to normal, whatever that means.
Since I've been sick, I've had little energy for anything but the essentials, so quilting hasn't even been on the horizon. I'm hoping next week to get into the studio for a few hours at least and sort of "swab the decks." Over the holidays all kinds of things got dumped in there, and it's time to clear that out and get back to working order.
I have been able to do a bit of knitting when my cough lets up for a while. I finished a second brown mobius. When I bought the yarn I thought I would need 2 skeins for 1 mobius, but after knitting up the first skein, I thought it looked just fine, so I stopped. The second one I did a little differently from the first, so it has more of a mirror image from the center out look. I don't think it makes a huge difference in the end, but I like it, and that's what counts.
I also made myself a pair of fingerless mitts. It rarely gets cold enough here for gloves, but sometimes a little extra is helpful. They're red with a pretty cable design down the back. I made them on dpn's instead of 2 circs, and there's a bit of a ladder where the needle changed, but I'm not going to fuss about it; I might if they were a gift for someone else, but not for me.
A couple of other projects are coming along, including a baby hat, a scarf, and a pair of socks. Hats for AR Children's are getting done, along with the first baby sweater for CWS. I did a little bit on the pi shawl that is one of the hold-over UFO's. And the best news is that I now have $10 in my yarn bank. Not exactly a lordly sum, but enough to buy a couple of skeins on clearance. Now I just need to get well enough to have the energy to shop.