Sunday, August 27, 2006

I know my blog looks rather barren at the moment. Evidently I did something in the formatting when I put the pictures in that screwed up the way things went on the page. I never could figure out how to fix it properly, so it was easier to just delete the old stuff and start over with a new format. I can always put the pictures back in a new post if anyone wants to see them.

I just got home from a worship service to close a church. The three remaining church members were there, and they were properly surrounded by prayer as they were sent on their way. But there is a new church, a nondenominational Bible fellowship that has bought the building, so ministry continues. Many of that church were also there, so it was a good service, even if the building was warm and the hymnals old and mildewy. Still it is sad to see something that once was a glorious vision come to an end, especially knowing how many churches in my Presbytery are not far from the same fate.

And now the Sabbath begins. I've had a lovely bath with lavender scented salts. I can't remember if I've ever actually used the tub in this house. This may have been a first. In a few minutes I will light the candles to welcome the Sabbath, say the prayers, then head off to bed. There are lots of things I could try to get done before I light the candles, but I'm tired and my feet hurt. They will just have to wait until Tuesday.

No comments: